The Magnetic Conjugation Kit allows one step conjugation of antibodies, proteins and peptides (or any other biomolecule with an amine group) to specially treated magnetic particles without the need for extensive optimization of the conjugation reaction.
The 0.5µm specially treated iron oxide magnetic particles offer you the right balance between high surface area and fast separation. The binding capacity of our magnetic particles is greater than other magnetic particles on the market and twice that of leading competitors. This allows you to reach the desired sensitivity with fewer particles and therefore minimizes the risk of nonspecific binding.
Covalent attachment of antibodies to magnetic particles is ideal for immunoprecipitation experiments and provides a more stable alternative to noncovalent attachment of antibodies using protein A or protein G resin.
Features and benefits
- Quick and easy to use – Save time, no special knowledge required
- High binding capacity – Achieve high sensitivity with less material
- High coupling efficiency – No antibody loss during conjugation
- Covalent bond – Highly stable conjugates
- Freeze dried – Ships at ambient temperature, long shelf life
- Fully scalable – Easy transfer from R&D to manufacturing
- No extensive optimization required – Save precious antibody / protein
- Can be used in a wide range of applications – Flexible
Magnetic Conjugation Procedure
Simply pipette your antibody into the vial of magnetic particles and incubate with constant mixing for 30 minutes. After removing the supernatant and washing, quench the reaction for 30 minutes with constant mixing. Finally wash and store the magnetic particle conjugate in storage buffer. The entire procedure requires only three minutes hands on time and your conjugate will be ready to use in a total time of one hour. The conjugation procedure has been optimized to have minimal / no unbound antibody at the end of the conjugation reaction.
Core: Iron oxide
Mean diameter: 0.5µm
Binding capacity: ≥70µg of Goat antirabbit antibody / mg of beads