Universal Lateral Flow Assay Kit
For the Fast & Easy Development of Customized Lateral Flow Assays
Expedeon’s Universal Lateral Flow Assay (LFA) Kit is designed to enable the easy development of customized sandwich lateral flow assays. The great advantage of this kit is its adaptability to any pair of capture and detection antibodies, which allows the detection of any type of analyte* without the need spray down capture antibodies on the test strip, a labor intensive process that consumes large amounts of expensive antibody reagent.
- Fully customizable – Adaptable to any pair of capture and detection antibodies and can detect any type of analyte*
- Quick & easy to use – Both conjugations can be set up in only 30 seconds
- No false negative results – Assay is compatible with biological samples
- No specialized or costly equipment
- Can be qualitatively and quantitatively analyzed using the supplied scoring card or an LFA reader respectively.
* The antigen must contain at least two antigenic sites for the binding of the capture and detection antibodies
The kit combines Expedeon’s easy to use Lightning-Link® Antibody Labeling Kits and InnovaCoat® GOLD Nanoparticle Conjugation technologies with an immunochromatographic test performed on Universal LFA strips. The capture antibody is conjugated to Lightning-Link® Ulfa-Tag, while the detection antibody is conjugated to 40nm InnovaCoat® GOLD, both of which require only 30 seconds to set up.
The capture and detection antibodies are diluted and incubated with the analyte and 40nm InnovaCoat® GOLD–Biotin and then run on Universal LFA strips. Universal LFA strips consist of a nitrocellulose membrane containing a ‘Test line’ (T line) of immobilized antiUlfa-Tag antibody, that binds the Ulfa-Tag conjugated capture antibody. The Ulfa-Tag conjugated capture antibody then further binds the analyte in complex with the InnovaCoat GOLD® detection antibody. A red T line appears when the analyte is present and the line intensity varies depending on the analyte concentration (see Figure 1.). Universal LFA strips also contain a ‘Control line’ (C line) striped with streptavidin, which confirms that the test is valid, and an absorbent pad to promote and control the flow of sample through the membrane.
3 x 100ug Lightning-Link® Ulfa-Tag Conjugation Kit
- Targets amine groups
- Conjugate up to three different capture antibodies
- Not suitable for nucleic acid or small molecule conjugation
- Ulfa-Tag is used in many molecular biology applications.
3 x MINI Reaction 40nm InnovaCoat® GOLD
- Conjugate up to three different detection antibodies
- Conjugate is ready to use in just 20 minutes
- Forms highly stable conjugates
- Proprietary surface coating prevents metal–protein interactions.
40nm InnovaCoat GOLD®–Biotin
100 Universal LFA strips
2 x 96 well low binding well plates