UV Cabinet Optimizer™ PCR Workstations
Improve Accuracy of Sensitive PCR Amplification Reactions
The Optimizer™ PCR UV Workstations are designed to provide an optimal environment for performing PCR amplification reactions. Protecting against contamination by utilizing:
- UV irradiation within the UV hood that decontaminates the working area prior to use, blocking the replication of contaminating DNA sequences by causing adjacent pyrimidines to undergo dimerization (photo damaged DNA will not be amplified by DNA polymerase)
- Hinged tempered safety glass fascia for easy access to interior workspace, which can be easily lifted out of the way for placement and removal of a thermal cycler (or other large equipment) limiting the exposure of experimental setup to open lab environment.
All UV Workstations Feature:
- Plenty of interior workspace for PCR reaction supplies and a thermal cycler
- Duplex electrical outlet mounted in the ceiling
- Two fluorescent lamps mounted in stainless steel ceiling to increase UV dose and assure excellent workspace visibility
- Single UV germicidal lamp (254nm) with 12-hour countdown timer with a time hold position for timed decontamination
- Single or double door closers to prevent contamination – These can be conveniently stowed away during experimental procedures by sliding into storage compartment(s) in the base of the PCR Workstation.
Optional Features Available:
- Acid resistant black Formica or stainless steel work surface.
- Single or dual UV bulbs, to deliver twice the intensity and dose of UV light than that of the single. The dual UV bulb format is recommended when the researcher desires to use the Workstation to decontaminate apparatus and reagents, assuring excellent workspace visibility.
- Accessory table and accessory locking casters transform the PCR Workstation into a movable work area that doesn’t infringe on valuable bench top space.
|SKU||Wide (inches)||Wide (cm)||UV Lights included||Work Surface Material||Exterior dimensions, inches (HxDxW)||Exterior dimensions, cm (HxDxW)|