Unique formulation for enhanced performance
PiColorLock™ phosphate detection reagent changes colour in the presence of inorganic phosphate (Pi). This can be exploited to measure any enzyme that generates Pi including ATPases, GTPases, phosphatases, heat-shock proteins and DNA unwinding proteins.
The unique formulation of PiColorLock™ affords enhanced assay linearity, dynamic range and colour stability; it is also possible with PiColorLock™ to work with unstable substrates (e.g. ATP, GTP) that give high non-enzymatic background signals with other acidic dye-based detection reagents.
- Colorimetric assay – Simple, scalable and non-radioactive
- Compatible with almost any assay buffer – Flexibility over a wide range of existing assays
- Stable reagent formulation – Long shelf life
- Unique accelerator – Speeds up color development
- Unique stabilizer – Suppresses non enzymatic backgrounds with acid-labile substrates (ATP or GTP)
- PiColorLock™-Pi complex is very stable – No precipitation, results can be measured over several hours – ideal for HTS
- Wide linear range – No inhibition of color development by high concentrations of protein
- The unique PiColorLockTM Stabilizer prevents background drift with time
The PiColorLock™ reagent is often used with unstable substrates (e.g. ATP, GTP) that give rise to non-enzymatic background drift with time. The unique stabilizer, provided in the PiColorLock™ phosphate detection system, blocks this non-enzymatic breakdown generating a stable low background. The stable signal can therefore be read up to several hours after the reaction has ended.
Feel free to contact us if you need more information regarding this product.Click to read more