CaptSure Peptide Check&Go! has been developed exclusively for the CaptSure DIY ELISA to confirm the success of the CaptSure Peptides antibody conjugation in one easy step.
The key components of the kit are a nitrocellulose membrane containing a ‘Test line’ of immobilized CaptSure Antibody called a “half strip” and a 40nm InnovaCoat® GOLD CaptSure Antibody conjugate for detection. This simple immunochromatography test only requires 10 minutes – and very small quantities of your antibody conjugate.
- Quickly check the success of your conjugation (only 10 minutes!)
- Easy to use
- No costly equipment required
- Sensitive – Range of detection is between 0.1 μg/ml to 1 μg/ml
- Designed for validating the conjugation of antibodies conjugated to Lightning-Link® CaptSure Peptide to be used in CaptSure DIY ELISA
- Requires only small volumes (30 µl of diluted conjugate)
- Unique to Expedeon
When the CaptSure Peptide tagged antibody is mixed with the InnovaCoat GOLD-CaptSure Antibody conjugate it forms a complex that flows along the nitrocellulose membrane. On binding to the CaptSure Antibody concentrated on the Test line, a visible red line appears on the strip.
Antibody at different concentrations (0.125 mg/ml – 2 mg/ml) was conjugated to Lightning-Link CaptSure Peptide and tested on both CaptSure Assay Plate and CaptSure Peptide test strips at a final concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. The amount of antibody used for the conjugation does not affect the assays performance.
1. What is the best storage condition for the kit?
The kit is shipped at ambient temperature and its components
need different storage temperatures. Upon receipt, the plastic pot containing
the strips should be stored at +4⁰C. The running buffer and the lyophilized
GOLD vial should be stored at -20⁰C. Once reconstituted the GOLD conjugates are
stable at +4⁰C for up to 1 month.
2. Can antibodies from different species be used?
Yes, the CaptSure Peptide Check&Go! strips have been tested with a variety of antibodies conjugated to CaptSure Peptide.
3. Why is the T-line faint after 10-minute incubation?
The CaptSure Peptide-tagged antibody concentration is outside of the dynamic range (0.1-1 μg/ml). We recommend reviewing dilutions calculation and repeat the assay.
4. Why is there no T-line after 10-minute incubation?
The CaptSure Peptide-tagged antibody conjugation has failed or is sub-optimal. Repeat the conjugation and test again.
5. Forgot to add 0.1% BSA to the running buffer, will this affect the assay?
The lack of BSA will not compromise the C-line or the T-line. However, the assay may run slower and GOLD may still be present at the top of the strips, below the wicking pad.
6. Can I use CaptSure Peptide Check&Go to confirm successful conjugation of my antibody to other labels?
CaptSurePeptide Check&Go! is only suitable for testing successful conjugation of your antibody to the LL-CaptSure Peptide. However we also provide a variety of other Check&Go! kits including: Biotin Check&Go! for verifying successful biotinylation, HRP Check&Go! for confirming conjugation of your antibody to HRP, Conjugate Check&Go! for testing the success of conjugation to coloured labels, such as fluorescent dyes and proteins, latex beads and gold nanoparticles and many more.