Our Europium (Eu) Streptavidin conjugates are manufactured using covalent attachment of Streptavidin to the specially treated surface of 200nm Eu particles. The surface treatment of the particles makes the conjugates resistant to aggregation, while the extremely broad Stokes shift of the Eu chelate particle allows to reach a higher sensitivity in any immunoassay, preventing non-specific fluorescence interference.
Streptavidin is a tetrameric biotin-binding protein that is isolated from Streptomyces avidinii. It is composed of identical subunits, with the tetramer having a molecular weight of approximately 53kDa. Each subunit binds one biotin molecule with a very high degree of specificity and affinity. The streptavidin-biotin complex is the strongest known non-covalent interaction (Kd = 10-15M) between a protein and a ligand.
The combination between the Eu fluorescence properties and the specific interaction of streptavidin with biotin makes our conjugate a useful tool in designing detection systems with excellent sensitivity.
Features and Benefits of Europium-Streptavidin conjugates
- Highly stable, easy to use conjugates
- Resistant to aggregation
- No sonication, shaking or vortexing required
- No need for blocking solution
- Possibility to work with low conjugate concentrations
- Conjugates can be run on an immunochromatographic assay as well as a microwell-based assay*
- Lyophilized for easy shipping and long term storage
Dye: Europium chelate
Product size: 1 Mini and 1 Midi vial
Please get in contact with us to know more about this product.