RunBlue™ Gel Tanks
Expedeon’s RunBlue™ Run & Blot system provides you with a gel tank with unsurpassed functionality. The core module hinges open to accept gel cassettes or buffer dam and then simply clips in place to provide a completely sealed cathode chamber. This allows RunBlue™ buffer to be added and samples to be loaded outside of the tank. In addition, Safety Cover removal could not be easier, with two protruding posts to push against, it can be slid off smoothly!
The Dual Run & Blot system utilises a unique, patent pending, gradient electric filed for blotting which provides greatest potential for the larger proteins and less for the smaller proteins, giving the most uniform blotting ever!
RunBlue™ gels run best on our Dual Run and Blot unit. This unique apparatus permits the running of both 10x10cm and 8x10cm gels. The unit is available in dual and quad form enabling up to 4 gels to be run at one time.
Both units can also be used to complete Western blots. The unique electrode arrangement provides a gradient electric field which ensures that both small and large proteins migrate from the gel at a comparable rate.
Quad units are available in cooled format, enabling cold water hook up if required.
Features & Benefits
- Fits both 10×10 and 8×10 cassettes.
- Colours centre core to provide maximum contrast with loading buffer for easy loading.
- Excellent sealing and no leakage from cathode to anode.
- Can be cooled in place to reduce heat effects such as smiling in frowning.
- Gradient field for blotting providing more uniform transfer. Ideal for high quality wet blotting.
- Excellent value for money.
Find a full list of electrophoresis equipment for Western blotting.
- Lower Reservoir Assembly.
- Safety Cover with Attached DC Leads.
- Electrophoresis Core Modue.
- Blotting Cassettes.
- Sponge Pads.
- Buffer Dam.
- Cooling Blocks.
- Dual Run & Blot System (runs 2 gels) with 1 bufferdam, 2 blotting cass & 2 cool blocks.
- Quad Run & Blot System (runs 4 gels) with 1 bufferdam & 4 blotting cassettes.