Semi-Dry blotting technique is fast and minimizes buffer consumption
These Semi-Dry Blotting Systems have transfer capabilities of gels and accommodate gels from our Dual Double-Wide Mini-Vertical Systems and Triple-Wide Mini-Gel Systems (cat. #’s MGV-202-20 and MGV-202-33). The stainless steel cathode and platinum-coated titanium anode transfer samples reliably and quickly and are durable and corrosion-free. The upper electrode housing is separate from the base allowing it to be secured with hand screws at the desired height. This unique design feature enables several gels to be transferred simultaneously.
Complete System Includes:
- Stainless steel cathode and platinum-coated titanium anode.
- Interlocking power leads with safety-tips.
- Mylar cover sheets.
EBU-4000: Semi-Dry Blotting System CE, 20cm x 20cm
EBU-3000: Semi-Dry Blotting System, CE. 12cm x 34cm
For Western, Southern, Northern Blots. Transfer gels as large as 12cm x 34cm. Includes stainless steel cathode and platinum-coated titanium anode, interlocking power leads with safety-tips and Mylar sheets.
L x W x H (cm)
|Corresponding C.B.S. Scientific Vertical Units - Cat. #’s|
|EBU-3000||34 x 12||40 x 18.5 x 5||MGV-202-20, MGV202-33|
|EBU-4000||20 x 20||29.8 x 29.8 x 6.8||DCX-700, QNC-700, QNX-700, MGV-102, MGV-202, MGV-302, MGV-402, MGV-216-20, ASG-250(-02), DASG-250(-02), DSG-125(-02), DSG-200-02, SG-125-02, SG-200-02, SG-250-02|
- The stainless steel cathode and platinum-coated titanium anode transfer gels reliably and quickly and are durable and corrosion-free.
- The upper electrode housing is separate from the base allowing it to be secured with hand screws at the desired height. This unique design feature enables several gels to be stacked and transferred simultaneously.
- The electrodes create a uniform electric field producing excellent transfers onto nitrocellulose, supported nitrocellulose, nylon, charged nylon or activated paper substrates.
- To prevent drawing current away from the gel during a transfer, the uncovered portion of the cathode is shielded with a Mylar®* mask. This shield insures that all applied current passes directly through the gel. Use of the mask will increase transfer efficiency and reduce transfer times up to 50%.