Amintra® Nickel Magnetic Affinity Resin
Increasingly, Amintra® Ni-NTA and Ni-IDA resins are employed for the purification of histidine tagged recombinant proteins expressed in bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells.
The resins are typically useful in purifying small quantity low concentration histidine tagged proteins. For example, when 10–50μl of resin is required for protein purification, it is difficult to handle such small quantities in columns. Amintra® Nickel Magnetic resins can be easily processed with the aid of a magnet. The liquid / solid separation required in each purification step (i.e. equilibration, binding, washing and elution) is readily achieved with the aid of a magnet (e.g. magnetic stirring bar or other commercial magnetic devices).
- Tailored base matrix design for batch magnetic purification of proteins
- High binding capacity (could be over 40mg / ml)
- Simple and convenient operation, no chromatography training required
- Flexible operational conditions
- Low cost.
- Particle size: 50 – 150μm
- Base matrix: Cross-linked 6% agarose encapsulating magnetic particles
- Metal ion capacity: Approx. 12 – 25 µmol / ml resin*
- Protein binding capacity: Depends on the type of proteins and binding conditions; could be > 40 mg / ml resin*
- Chemical stability**: Stable in 0.01M HCl and 1% SDS tested for 30 mins; 0.5 M NaOH tested overnight
- pH stability**: 2-14 (<2 h) 4-12 (up to one week)
- Storage: 20% ethanol at 4ºC
*Tested with nickel ion charged;
**Tested in the absence of metal ions.
Protein Purification Procedure