An Immunoglobulin-Binding Protein
Expressed, isolated from the bacterial species Peptostreptococcus magnus. Protein L Agarose resin offers a unique ability in a convenient way to separate a wider range of mammalian Immunoglobulin classes and sub-classes compared to other antibody-binding protein as Protein A or G.
- High affinity binding for all entire Ig classes (IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD) containing kappa light chains
- High affinity binding for antibody fragments (Fabs, scFv, Dabs…) containing kappa light chains
- Stable and robust
- Re-usable in column format
- Supplied as a suspension
Through a specific interaction with kappa light chains and no interferences with the antigen binding site, Protein L provides a high binding affinity and can be used for the purification of IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD from various species. Besides entire antibody, Protein L is also suitable for binding of a wide range of only antibody fragments such as Fabs, single-chain variable fragments (scFv), and domain antibodies (Dabs).
Amintra™ Protein L resin contains immobilized Protein L by means of covalent binding on agarose bead. This manufacturing process avoids protein loss and provides long-term robustness.
Amintra™ Protein L resin allows batch or column purification of immunoglobulins containing light chains of type kappa I, III, IV in human and kappa in mouse classes, subclasses and fragments of immunoglobulinsfrom cell culture media biologicial fluids.
For an easy handling and usage, Amintra Protein L Resin is supplied as a suspension in 20% ethanol.
- Chemical Stability: Covalent binding
- Storage: +4C
- Shelf Life: 1 Year from receipt
- Typical binding capacity: 10 mg Human IgG /ml resin
- Bead size range: 50-150 µm (approx.)
- Supporting matrix: 4% crosslinked agarose resin
- Ligand density: 3,5 mg Protein L/ml resin
- Protein L: PROTEIN L Agarose Resin