The spin filters are packed with small porous particles which provide a large surface area with very short diffusion distances. Small molecules such as salt can be partitioned faster compared to dialysis or ultrafiltration. The spin filters are less prone to blockage compared to membranes used for dialysis or ultrafiltration.
Key Benefits of Amintra® Desalting Spin Columns:
- Rapid desalting or buffer exchange
- Very little loss of target molecules (typically > 95% recovery)
- Suitable for proteins (>6KDa) and DNAs (>10bp)
- DNAse free.
Amintra® Desalting Spin Column is Particularly Useful for the Following Applications:
- Desalting of histidine-tagged proteins (e.g. imidazole and NaCl) recovered from IMAC Amintra Desalting Spin Colum
- Desalting of samples before loading to SDS PAGE or GELFrEE 8100
- Desalting of samples before conducting other analysis
- Buffer exchange, for example, after low pH elution
- Desalting of DNA.
The small porous particles provide huge surface area with very short diffusion distance, which means small molecules such as salt can be partitioned rapidly. In comparison, both dialysis tube and membrane ultrafiltration have very low surface areas. It always takes much longer to conduct dialysis (typically from a few hours to a few days). Membrane ultrafiltration of small samples always experiences membrane blockage and severe loss of valuable materials.
View full range of Spin Columns
Please get in contact with us to find out more about this product.