Amintra™ Ni-NTA affinity resin
Amintra™ Ni-NTA affinity resin is designed for simple, rapid His-tagged recombinant protein purification from a cell lysate under native or denaturing conditions. Metal chelate affinity chromatography is a rapid one-step purification, which removes most contaminants and can achieve purities close to homogeneity.
Amintra™ Ni-NTA affinity resin offers excellent flow properties and high protein binding capacity: in excess of 50mg protein/ml.
NTA is a tetradentate chelator which occupies four of the six binding sites in the coordination sphere of the nickel ion. The other two coordination sites are usually occupied by water molecules and can interact with histidine residues of the recombinant protein. This binding minimizes metal leaching during purification.
- One step purification
- High capacity
- Purification under native or denaturing conditions
- Minimum metal leaching
The rapid purification protocols for affinity chromatography permit the recovery of high levels of pure recombinant protein in minutes. Large numbers of samples can be processed at the same time. Recombinant proteins purified using Expedon’s Amintra™ Ni-NTA affinity resin may be used in a wide range of structure and activity-based laboratory procedures.
- Supporting matrix: Covalently coupled to agarose resin
- Charged metal ion: Ni2+
- Bead size range: 45-165 µm
- Recommended working pH: pH 2.0-12.0
- Maximum binding capacity: 50 mg HIS-tagged recombinant protein/ml resin
- Linear Flow rate: Up to 300cm/h (5cm diameter column, pressure 1 bar)
- Optimum Flow Rate: 1-10 ml/min
- Maximum pressure: 0.1MPa (1 bar)
- Chemical stability: High
- Solubility in water: Insoluble
Store the Amintra NiNTA resin at 2-8˚C. Do not freeze or store the resin at room temperature.
Clarified E. coli lysate (10 ml) was purified on a 1ml Amintra NiNTA column (2,5 cm). Binding buffer: 50 mM Na2HPO4, 300 mM NaCl, 10 mM Imidazole, pH 8.0. Elution buffer: 50 mM Na2HPO4, 300 mM NaCl, 250 mM Imidazole, pH 8.0. Flow Rate: 1 ml /min.Click to read more