Proteoloc™ – Protection From Endogenous Proteases During Protein Extraction
The process of breaking open cell walls and subcellular compartments during protein extraction liberates endogenous proteases. Without effective inhibition, these enzymes will quickly diminish yields of intact proteins from cell and tissue extracts. The addition of protease inhibitors to lysis buffers used for protein extractions is an effective means of protecting extracted proteins from enzymatic degradation by endogenous proteases.
Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktails
Expedeon offers two protease inhibitor preparations for use with protein extraction lysis buffers: Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail, and Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA Free. Both products offer protection against loss of intact proteins due to endogenous protease activity.
Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktails are provided as 100X stock solutions in DMSO.
Use the EDTA Free product if the next step in your workflow is isoelectric focusing, metal affinity column separation, or another technique that is incompatible with chelation. Otherwise, use the standard Proteoloc Proteome Inhibitor Cocktail, which contains EDTA.
Protease Inhibitor Cocktail Proteloc contains the following protease inhibitors:
- AEBSF: Irreversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, thrombin, and trypsin
- Aprotinin: Reversible serine protease inhibitor. Inhibits chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, trypsinogen, and urokinase
- Bestatin: Metalloprotease inhibitor selective for aminopeptidases. Inhibits activity of leucine aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase B, and triamino peptidase
- E-64: Irreversible inhibitor of cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, and cathespin B
- Leupeptin: Reversible inhibitor of serine and cystine proteases. Inhibits calpain, papain, trypsin, and cathespin B
- Pepstatin A: Reversible aspartic acid protease inhibitor. Inhibits pepsin, rennin, cathespin D, chymosin, and protease B
Proteoloc Inhibitor Cocktail is the protease inhibitor mixture recommended for use with: