BaseMuncher is a non-specific endonuclease that hydrolyzes both single- and double-stranded nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) to 5-phosphorylated oligonucleotides of 1-4 bases in length. Recombinantly produced in E. coli using the Benzonase gene in a proprietary process , BaseMuncher is a highly purified homodimer of 27 kDa subunits that has exceptionally high specific activity and is completely free of protease activity. BaseMuncher is ideal for reducing viscosity during protein purification and sample preparation.
1 Unit of BaseMuncher converts 1.0 OD260 of salmon sperm DNA into acid-soluble nucleotides in 30 minutes at 37C in a reaction buffer of 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 and 1 mM MgCl2. This corresponds to complete digestion of 50 g of salmon sperm DNA into oligonucleotides.
Features & Benefits
- Exceptionally high endonuclease, specificity for DNA and RNA
- Free of protease activity
- High-purity and high-concentration grade
- Easy protein purification – reduced viscosity during sample preparation
- 100x greater activity than DNAase
- 10x cheaper than Benzonase – but same quality and efficiency
- Storage: +4C
- Shelf Life: 1 Year from receipt