How to Overcome all your Problems with Secondary Antibodies
December 6th, 2012
**This webinar was produced by Innova Biosciences which is now fully integrated with our sister company, Expedeon Ltd., and have taken the Expedeon Ltd name and logo.
This webinar discusses how to overcome problems associated with using secondary antibodies in your immunoassay, including:
- Secondary antibodies require a series of incubations and wash steps that are both tedious and time-consuming
- Indirect detection can often be a source of non-specific staining within experiments which makes data interpretation difficult or even impossible
- Using secondary antibodies within multi-color analysis often results in cross-species re-activity
Secondary antibodies are commonly used either because the directly labeled primary antibody required is not easily sourced or because indirect detection is often thought to increase sensitivity. In this seminar, we will review:
- How labeling of your own primary antibodies overcomes the need for secondary antibodies.
- How easy it really is to label an antibody using Innova’s 30 seconds hands on antibody labeling kits and design your own unique research tools
- Application data such as flow cytometry and Western blotting generated using directly labeled antibodies
- And question the hypothesis of secondary vs. primary labeled antibodies